Monday, April 9, 2012

The darkest hour comes before the Dawn



The darkest hour comes before the Dawn

As I walk along the shore, my heart
is riven in two, weeping as
the sky begins to weep from the
grey stormclouds gathering.
Oh, why is this happening to me?
Where are you, God? You have
left me desolate, on this dark
shore, seemingly uncaring to the
tears of grief I weep, the
pain that rends my soul in two.
Where are you, God?

"I too, walked your way.
I too, wept within as I struggled to carry the cross
which was the only way I knew to
inspire all of you to follow Me.
I know your every tear,
I know your every pain.
I suffered them all as I walked
Galilee's dusty roads, travelled
looking for my destiny as the Anointed Christ
and met my fate on a dark and weeping day
on a rock called Calvary.

I am with you. Seek me in your dreams,
in your prayers, your inspiration from
the Bible. See me in the kiss of the flower as
you walk past its little face
see my love touching you in the sunbeam
breaking through the clouds to bless your loved face.
Hear my love calling to you in the
trill of the little bird waking the morning.

I, your God, love you.
And remember,
dearest one;
the darkest hour
always comes before the Dawn."

Are there clouds gathering in your life at the moment? Do you feel alone? Are there difficulties facing you?

See this beautiful picture. In its darkness, there is light. Within the water the reflection of the stormy clouds cannot disguise the light just behind, waiting for the right moment to break through. Just so is God there, perhaps not just in sight, but waiting all the same. Truly, it is sometimes in the dark moments of our lives that we most reach out to God. Because really, that is when we most need Him.

So if you are in grief ... pain... difficulty... bewilderment... loss... trauma... and in stormy clouds and a dark day in your life, remember you can turn to God.

Sometimes the darkest hour truly comes just before the Dawn.

May God bless each and every one of you reading these words. A candle has been lit tonight in prayer for you for the strength and blessing to come through your stormy night of the soul out to the other side, helped by the light of God which is just behind the dark clouds...

*Photograph was taken by Rev. Catherine. Please feel free to use copyright free for any educational or spiritual purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment