Saturday, June 12, 2021

GOLDEN HOPE IN THE GREYNESS OF DESPAIR



Photograph taken by Lumiere volunteer A.W. Used with permission

I walk this road of greyness
despair my bread: tears soaking my pillow
at night.
It seems there will never be a way out
of this sorrow: this suffering.
Then I look ahead
and out of darkness, glory blooms.
Hope, golden and immortal,
scattered from the Golden Hands of
our Immortal God
showers in blossomed beauty
at the end of my road.

This too shall pass.
My character will have been challenged:
passed the test: forged as gold in the furnace.
I shall win through.
No suffering, difficulty or greyness of despair
will keep me from my goal.

To become a saint.

I hope: I hope for immortal life.
I hope for holiness.
I hope to meet those I lost, and over whom
I wept bitter tears.
I hope for an end to illness, depression and death.
I hope for everlasting health.
I hope for eternal happiness with God.

And my hope will not be in vain.

Yes: I look at the end of this road
and see only golden hope
illuminating the greyness of my despair
into the beauty of eternal bliss
with the Almighty from Whose Great
Hands I come -

and to Whom I will return.
Bless me, O God, I pray.
Bless me today with
golden hope, realizing
that the greyness of despair, once
earth's tumult is o'er,
will never cloud my life-skies again.

Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment